Sunday, March 29, 2020

A Message From the Owner


How's everyone doing? Are your cats wondering why you're home sitting in their favorite napping spot?


Many of you have sent well wishes and have asked how Camp Kitty is doing. Camp Kitty is still here! I haven't had to lay off any employees, although the kennel staff is on hiatus. And, I made the decision to decrease operating hours.


Dekalb County has issued a shelter-in-place order for non-essential businesses. Animal care facilities are considered essential, which is great news for us and for your pets. With that being said we will continue to stay open albeit with limited operating hours. We will be here for any hospital staff member working long hours or CDC employee having to travel for work or any student whose housing has recently changed.


Like many of you I have no idea what the future holds. First and foremost, I want everyone to stay healthy. Secondly, I want to reassure everyone that Camp Kitty is in good financial standing for the foreseeable future. So we're not shuttering unless instructed to do so.


I don't consider myself an optimist or a pessimist. My general view is "it is what it is." With that in mind Camp Kitty will continue on with our wonderful staff and our supportive clients. And, we're looking forward to caring for all those cats who were recently adopted from area shelters.


Thank you everyone for everything. Take care. Stay safe, stay healthy and stay home. And please give your cats a hug from all of us at Camp Kitty.


Sincerely,

Gwen







No comments:

Post a Comment